Yandex Market is an online marketplace that serves as a platform for various merchants offering customers a wide range of products. Users can browse and search for products in different categories, compare prices, read reviews, and shop through the platform.
Price parsing, in the context of Yandex Market or any other online marketplace, refers to the process of extracting price information from ads or product pages. It involves parsing the HTML structure of a web page to find and extract product prices.
How does Yandex Market price parsing work?
To analyze the pricing policies pursued by sellers on Yandex Market, it is usually necessary to use web scraping techniques to extract relevant information from the HTML structure of the site. Note, however, that web scraping may be subject to website terms of service, and it is important to comply with any restrictions or guidelines provided by Yandex Market.
- Send HTTP requests to the pages. Use the requests library to send a GET request to the URL of the desired online platform page.
- Parse the HTML content. Once you get a response, you can use BeautifulSoup to parse the HTML content and navigate through the page elements.
- Find the price elements. Look through the HTML structure of the page to identify the HTML elements that contain the price items. This may include checking for class names, identifiers, or other attributes of relevant elements.
- Extract prices. Use BeautifulSoup methods to extract prices from identified elements. This can be internal text, an attribute value, or a combination of both, depending on the specific HTML structure.
- Process and save the prices. After extracting prices, you can process them as needed (e.g., convert them to numeric values, filter out unwanted characters) and save them in a suitable data structure or export them to a file or database.
Note that specific implementation details may vary depending on the programming language you use and the structure of the Yandex Market site. In addition, keep in mind that web scraping can be complex and may require the use of anti-scraping mechanisms, pagination handling if multiple pages are involved, and consideration of all legal and ethical aspects.
Using automatic price monitoring systems for parsing on Yandex Market
With the use of specialized and modern monitoring tools on the type of Helecos to work with marketplaces will be able to extract and structure information such as:
- Link to the product page.
- The price of a particular product.
- Category and subcategory of the product or service.
- Item number.
- Link to the image of the product.
If the parsing of Yandex Market is considered in relation to each item of the product individually then in addition to the information given above it is possible to extract the following information about the product:
- Characteristics of the product.
- Text description.
- Instructions for the product with the provision of links to them.
- Shipment-delivery times.
The uniqueness and multifunctionality of the automatic monitoring system Helecos allows you to organize a parsing program according to your needs in any sequence. You can work with any amount of data in specified intervals!
What other marketplaces can be parsed with Helecos besides Yandex Market?
- eBay is one of the most common in Europe. Parsing this platform cannot be classified as a classic task, because part of the assortment is sold here according to the auction principle. However, no small part of the goods here is also sold according to the classical scheme.
- Aliexpress - trading platform, which in the beginning was positioned as a platform for the sale of goods from China. However, today sellers from Europe and CIS countries also place their products here.
- Lamoda - online clothing and accessories store
- Bol.com - brings together more than 11 million unique buyers each month. At the same time monthly "attendance" resource is 79 million online users.
- Zalando is a marketplace with a predominantly European customer base. The marketplace is one of the top five most popular in the region.
- OTTO is a German resource that posts offers of sellers mainly from Germany with the possibility of importing. The number of unique users of the resource exceeds 50 million people. The site is dominated by offers of Fashion and lifestyle products.
- Amazon - 1 billion unique visitors! The world's largest online marketplace, with European users generating a quarter of all traffic.
- Cdiscount is a French marketplace from our Top 10 European platforms. The resource is used by over 50 million customers! It includes 40 product categories and revenues of over 1 billion euros per year.
- Asos is a marketplace that brings together stores with the most diverse range of fashion. Sales and deliveries are made in the European Union, Britain, Australia and the United States.
- Allegro has over 200 million product cards from 125 thousand sellers! It's the platform with the most diverse assortment. The company operates all over Europe, but the vast majority of users are Poles (over 90%).
Using the automatic Helecos monitoring system, you can arrange price parsing for Yandex Market or any other marketplace, regardless of its region, interface complexity, number of sellers, etc.
Setting up the process of parsing prices on Yandex Market
Before you launch a monitoring program to track the pricing policy of your competitors on marketplaces, you should set up the stage of configuring the algorithms of operation. This will allow you to quickly retrieve the necessary information, conveniently compile the data and automate the process of dynamic pricing on your site in automatic mode.
The work to be done at the stage of setting up the price analysis system:
- Searching for all offers with your products (or similar products) on Yandex Market or another selling platform.
- Calculating the optimal time and frequency of price monitoring.
- Set up a collection of prices from the selected marketplace.
- Determine what other information besides price you would like to receive as a result of parsing. It may be promotion offers of competitors, bonus programs, delivery terms, product availability, discounts, etc.
- Formation of analytical reporting documentation, which would be convenient for you (structuring the information).
- Definition of logistic principles, namely how you would like to receive information and in what formats.
As a result of all the monitoring steps and providing final data you will be able to make a conclusion about the general representation of your brand and products on Yandex Market as well:
- Identify sellers who are bidding on products similar to yours.
- Identify the pricing strategies pursued by your partners/competitors in order to keep their products competitive.
- Timely identify and deal with violators of the RRP on the Yandex Market.
- Detect those sellers who use your products only to attract a target audience to their website.)
5 types of parsing, which may be relevant to work with Yandex Market
In this context, we are talking about the analytical techniques used to perform monitoring of competitors on Marketplace. Emphasis should be placed on:
- Descriptive method. Research of this nature is aimed at collecting and analyzing the volume of sales for the past month, for example, or obtaining data on the number of customer requests in relation to the service or product offered. The descriptive monitoring technique is responsible for finding information, and summarizing it in a single database for further analysis and structuring. Purpose: automation of empirical data. At the same time, this method of parsing can not guarantee the determination of the causes of this or that violation (event). This indicates the need to involve other techniques.
- Research parsing of Yandex Market. The technical task of this solution is to find patterns and relationships in the extracted information, as well as to form hypotheses. The task is to analyze the data already extracted. By studying the final information about the products/services you can determine the reasons for a particular process.
- Diagnostic monitoring. This analysis determines the reason why an event occurred. Factors that may have caused the disruption of DRCs or processes of another nature are identified and examined here. The result is the realization of the ways, which will allow to level the arisen resonance in the market and to keep the competitiveness of its products.
- Predictive price parsing. The main purpose of the application is to scientifically foresee the events that may occur on the market. At this stage, it is necessary to obtain the information from the previous parsing stages. Unique algorithms and developed artificial intelligence are used in the course of this operation with a trio of functional software Helecos. As a result: predict the behavior of your customers in the choice of this or that salesman, plan sales in the next time interval, etc.
- Prescriptive technique. This is the most difficult stage of the monitoring process and the most expensive. Here comes the relevance of the use of AI and ML rights, as well as the accounting of rights and business trading rules.
Helecos as a multifunctional parser allows you to monitor prices of any complexity of marketplaces, including Yandex Market, as well as individual selling resources that offer your products or services.